22 Sept 2010

Question night on twitter with Chip - 22.09.10

Yesterday Chip did another one of his question/answer nights on twitter. Some great questions were asked.




Q. Favourite song you've ever released?
A. Diamond Rings.

Q. What do you want your legacy to be?
A. That In 10 years time ima still be the one to watch... That's my drive!
Q. But that means evolving with the times and staying relevant. Is it possible to do this, especially with grime music?
A. Ima do it... Just watch me... Being able to rhyme on anything is a gift that people take shots at... In 10years u will see who's left...

Q. What song from "I Am Chipmunk" do you think would of made it on to your 2nd album if you had just made it now?
A. Beast... Would fit in amazingly! Couple others but that the most!

Q. Who's your top 5 American\English rappers?
A. Andre 3000, Jay z, Lil Wayne, Kanye west and Eminem!

Q. What’s been the hardest thing for you to overcome in life?
A. The fear of how powerful I could become if I maintain this level of focus I have!

Q. How come you did your A levels when you were tasting success? Did you doubt your ability or were you just playing it safe?
A. It was just the normal thing to do... And I don't think I've tasted success yet! Yesterdays achievements are yesterday! 2mro is the focus!

Q. What is the key to a great live performance?
A. Owning the stage... Not performing on it!

Q. Your favourite Drake song ?
A. 9am in Dallas!

Q. Do you respect male fans like you do with the girl fans? And the vary of ages?
A. Yes I do! In 10 years time we will all still be young hahah! Grow with us #loyalmunks !!

Q. When you wrote sometimes did you know so much people would be able to relate to it?
A. Yup... Even tho I wrote it completely for myself.

Q. Was the lyric ‘blame it on me girl not the goose’ in the song ‘she likes to’ related to the song ‘blame it’ by Jamie Fox and T-pain?
A. Yup yup you got it!

Q. Which UK vocalist would u most like 2 work with?
A. Jessie j!

Q. Are you enjoying producing music more now you’re in the lime light, or when you were more underground grime?
A. No matter how far I go my mentality is that there's so much more to do! That's where others differ!

Q. Are you gonna make any more proper grime tunes like 64 bar statement?
A. No if I'm honest! That producer is in prison... And grime just aint the same as it was when it was Titch, Wiley, Doogz days...

Q. Who is the best white boy rapper/mc in the game right now
A.  I think it is Professor Green... I would bank on him all day... I've seen him battle before he crossed over! He's deadly!

Q. Would you say that your music defines you as a person?
A. Part of me... But I have so much more to offer to the industry other than my words and flows... Ima be a part of UK culture in a decade!

Q. Would you ever go out with a non celeb person?
A. Only if she was as driven as me!

Q. When you break mainstream, would you still drop sum grimy tracks for us chip?
A. Stay tuned for my next album.

Change is coming, and you munks are here to witness it, look out for the warm up track in November and the Single in January. C’s up...


No comments:

Post a Comment