20 Oct 2010

Question night on twitter with Chip 5

Chip is currently working on his second album and we are all waiting for his Warm - Up track which is released on 13th November. Chip decided to do another one of his great question nights on twitter, he talks about the second album, Cash Motivativation mixtape, and his career so far.
If you did not manage to get an answer back from Chip, there's always next time.



Q.When are u and Shalo gonna drop something together?
A.Cash Motivations will soon drop a mixtape! That's the next exciting project for me!

Q.Who are we likely to hear on ur new album! Any US superstars? 
A.maybe ;)

Q.Most artists venture into other aspects of the entertainment biz, would u consider going down another route? Acting etc...
 A.Definately wanna get into A&R and executive producing!

Q.Any changes in style on the second album?
A.  Oh yes! It's switched up... Where my brains at now isn't where it was at when I made "IAC" (I Am Chipmunk) ... It is important for me to show it.

Q.You  keep saying your next album's gonna be ''barrrrs" so is it safe to assume some grimes on there?
A. Don't assume anything apart from change! As bars can be on any type of production! Peace

Q. What's the best thing and the worst about your career?
A. Best thing is the love... Worse thing is the hate!

Q.Would you work with an artist that wasn't established?
A.  Yup! I always do! Love hearing new talent!

Q.Who do you think is the best hip hop artist that is alive??
A.  Jay Z! BP3 (Blueprint 3) was a well constructed album! Eminem and Lil Wayne are fiiiiire aswell!

Q. 2pac or Biggie??
A. Wow! Erm... Honestly don't know... One was revolution... One was straight swagger!!! Depends how I'm feeling on the day! 

Q.What sort of music do you like to listen to?
A. Bashment!!!!

Q. Ever gonna release a grime album?
A.  I will never release an album of just one genre of music... That would be pidgeon holing an eagle! Trial and error got me here

Q. Good analogy there. Alright, an album that had some of your 'original' style ? 
A. Yes... That hunger and honesty that got me recognised initially is back! So production wise I'm still experimenting.

Q. Why did you stop with the punchlines, I mean the chart stuffs heavy but ya grime things had deep punchlines, mix them both in?
A. I never stopped... I just did it more on mixtapes and album tracks! But stay tuned... It's about to get fizzy! (I'm back!)

Q.Do you feel like you have made the right choices in life? not just musically.
A. I've mad a lot of mistakes! But never made the same one twice! Also I've learnt from other peoples... Saves a lot of time!

Q. What's your favourite thing about performing? 
A.Hearing people sing back songs that mean a lot me... Like "Sometimes"... Makes me feel like I am connecting!

Q. Who would u most wanna collab with dead or alive ?
A.Kanye west and Lauryn hill!

Q.Would you do a track with The Wanted and do you like their new single?
A. Yes I would! They are good!

Q. What is your favorite mixtape you have put out.. mine is ''Guess Who?''
A.Mines "FTFOI"(For the Fun Of It) the word play on there was mad! "You gang bang go F*** ya crew!" < Priceless lines g lol!

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment