1 Nov 2010

Question night on twitter with Chip - 01.11.10

At 02:45am Chip decides to talk to some fans, he talks about the second album, when he's touring next, who his favourite UK rapper is and more.


Q.If you could say one thing to a new artist to help them in music what would it be?
A.Be urself... That's all yano!

Q.Who's the one person u would wanna do a song with and do u write ur own lyrics?
A.Yeah I do... N erm I'd like to write with Kanye West!

Q.What does it feel to have people of all ages look up and aspire to be you?
A.Being influential in anyway is cool yano! Just reminds the power of music... N keeps me on track to always try plz my fans

Q.When's the next tour? I went on the last and will definitely be coming on the next!
A.April times I think x

Q.Is Wretch on your new record?
A.Maybe ;)

Q.Are you Confident of flyinghigh doing well or nervous?
A.Doing well for me now is beyond any amount of sales or chart position... If my fans love it... I am happy! Hence the no build up release date.

Q.How is this album different from your first?
A.Difference is its grown a bit... Just like I have! More mature sounding... And a lil more wiiiild like the life I'm living lol

Q.Who's your fav boyband and why?
A.Backstreet boys! Great music! Even their haters probably liked them lol

Q. How much creative freedom do you have with making your music?
A.100% I literally make what the heaven I want lol! And then sony put it out! Good lil situation yano.

Q.Will you go back to doing tracks that were 'YOU' like who are you + muhammad Ali cause Atm ur tracks aren't u if u get me?
A.All my tracks are me! I felt like making some pop hits... So I did lol! My real fans understand I'm experimental... F64???

Q. If you could go back... woud you have signed the same deal or would you have stayed independant for longer?
A.I would have signed! Record labels aren't all bad! If u flop they drop u! It's just business and people forget that!

Q.Do You Think You've Grown As A Person And As An Artist Since You Entered The Scene N If You Do How You Think You Grown ?
A.Defo grown! Started at 14 now I'm 19! Erm... More open minded... And more business minded! And love my fans even more!

Q. Favourite Chris Brown song?
A.Deuces

Q.Have you always wanted to be in the music industry? Or did you have other aspirations when you were younger?
A.Music kinda just happened! Always just a hobby! Football was me!

Q.Do u have any fears for when u drop ur 2nd album?
A.Erm! No fears. Just very anxious to see peoples reactions!

Q.Do you think some people dont wanna get signed because they fear that they'll be controlled?
A.Don't let any of them fool u! They'd all take the right deal IF they got offered it! Being bitter isn't sweet if u get me.

Q.So really your new stuff aint about charting high and making money its all about you and your fans?
A. Hold up! I'm always gonna be about my bread! I got bills to pay in this real world lol! Water, Gas... Etc!

Q.What UK artist do u genuinly listen to?
A.Erm... Florence n the machine, Wretch 32... They go top of my list! I check everyone's albums out tho! EVERY1's... I don't think there's been a UK "Stillmatic" or "Black Album" etc yet... We getting there tho. People here struggle from inconsistency or bitterness... That's the fuck up g! N the ability to listen is a gift over looked! But yh... Florence and Wretch 32! Powerful!

Q. Are you ever inspired by your fans?
A. Every day!


Q.Who in your opinion is the best rapper in the UK?
A.Best RAPPER I'd say Wretch32... He's arguably your favorite rappers favorite rapper! He is 3dimensional with words! Something you can't be taught!He's like a mentor to me! Stay tuned for my 2nd album if you like a good ol' catch the mets ;)

Q.Beast was such bangin tune, but I can't help but think it was ahead of it's time ? What do you think?
A.It really was! Now the times right ima give em the passion of  
"Beast" + what I've learnt X infinity = 2nd album

Q.At what point in your life, did you realise you could break through that glass ceiling?
A.The 2nd I realised it was there!

No comments:

Post a Comment