15 Sept 2011

Chip Talks Mixtapes, Homework and Kreayshawn with RWD;

RWD caught up with Chip who partnered with O2’s Think Big Youth Programme- encouraging youngsters to prioritise their homework. Chip talks school, new rapper on the scene Kreayshawn and gives a few tips.

We all know you did well at school, can you let us in on your homework routine?
Oh literally it was more of a time management thing, it sounds silly but it was more like do it when I could or if it was looking like there wasn’t gonna be time, find the time to make time, you know, just get priorities in check and just make sure I could.
So you wasn’t a last minute guy, you planned when you were gonna do your work?
I tried to stick to a plan as much as I could.
Did you like doing your homework?
I liked the idea of being able to do work at home that would assist with my grades.
What role did you think homework plays in a person’s education?
I think in a person’s education, homework plays a big part because you can’t get the grades you wanna get if you don’t do the work you’re required to do at home.
Moving away from homework, what were you doing with Kreayshawn? What do you think of her?
We just bumped into each other. We were in rooms next to each other doing interviews. I think she’s good.
Is there anything in particular that you like about her?
She’s different and she’s got tats. She’s out of the box with what she raps about.
Is there anyone you haven’t worked with that’d like to?
Jessie J. We’ve been in the studio together but we haven’t actually finished the song.
Who in the UK are you feeling at the moment?
Everyone man. I listen to everyone.
Is there anyone in particular?
Adele.
And what are you working on currently?
My free mixtape drops on Friday at 6pm on spazzz.com. Other than that just grinding til I shine. I’m not gonna start my third album for now but soon come.
And what does the future of Chipmunk involve…
More music and just tryna improve as an artist. That’s the main thing for me.
Do you have any advice to the youth?
Yeah man, just believe in yourself and just push yourself to higher boundaries as much as you can. There’s no telling what you can become.

No comments:

Post a Comment